The BFG, working with the text
By now you should have a good idea what kind of people the BFG and Sophie are. Continue to read and work with the text.
1. We read the following chapters: ( 40 minutes)
Dream-Catching, page 73,
A Throgglehumper for the Fleshlumpeater, page 79,
Dreams, page 89,
The Great Plan, page 107.
Some questions to consider:
- We all have bad dreams, what seems to be a particularly bad dream for a giant?
- The BFG learns strange things from the dreams, what?
- How did the BFG manage to learn to read and write?
- Why does Sophie take charge by creating this plan to capture the bad giants, and not the BFG? Support your opinion with quotes.
- Exactly how does Sophie reason when creating this plan?
- Why does Sophie know so much about Buckingham Palace?
- Besides stopping the giants, why is Sophie anxious to get out of Giant Country?
The complete worksheet can be found in pdf format below or just click the embedded file above to the right.
Worksheet: The BFG_Work Sheet_illustrated_20160817
For more posts on Roald Dahl and The BFG
The assignment has been constructed in collaboration with Marie Erenius Bergqvist (content)